Building a complicated schedule by a shift administrator for clinical capacity requires knowledge of staff’s time off and leave. As a shift administrator, you are responsible for building your specialty schedule and ensuring shifts are equally distributed.
Without online scheduling software, you have to compile the leave data from the payroll system, email, post-it notes, calling the physician, and even remember a conversation. Managing time off for a shift administrator or scheduler is complicated, time-consuming, and incorrect shift can lead to revenue loss and patient care issues.
For some group planning, a quarterly schedule can take an average of 2 – 5 days, depending on several specialties and the department’s size.
This multitude of factors is difficult to manage using manual tools such as spreadsheets, phone trees, and email.
Dockyo, designed for healthcare professional scheduling, solves the planning issue,
- Allow the staff to enter the time off details by a physician on a native iOS or Android mobile app. The team can plan ahead of time, can even input your leave in advance or change them as needed.
- The scheduler has updated information during the planning to avoid conflicts.
- As a scheduler releases schedules in real-time, physicians get notified via text alert, and any conflict’s on leave can be resolved in real-time.
- Schedulers can now source shift earlier and ensure that the scheduler manages clinical capacity through online leave management.
- Finally, shift administrators can generate a customized report to integrate with the payroll management system to ensure accurate payroll disbursement.
Providers are now turning to technology and strategic scheduling to address their unique staffing needs. Adopting a SaaS cloud-based scheduling system benefits everyone in the team, brings transparency to the planning, and significantly reduces the time spent by shift administrators to manage capacity.